For the CG work on a new Netflix premium series (16×22 minutes), SUPERPROD is hiring a Lead Character Surfacing.
Under the direction of the studio’s Character Surfacing Supervisor, the Lead Surfacing Modeling will :
- Ensure the delivery from its department within time and quality constraints fixed by the Supervisor;
- Participate in the surfacing of all the show’s characters;
- Supervise and support a team of surfacing artists;
- Bid, assign, supervise and quality check the work of its team before sending it to validation;
- Create the review material (turns, reviews, images) for validation with the artistic direction / director and ensure the technical conformity of work files with the constraints given by the studio;
- Participate in recruiting the surfacing team and collaborate with the Character Surfacing Supervisor, CG Sup and TD to best integrate his/her work within the work process.
Minimum Experience required:
At least 3 years of experience in modeling for animated 3D shows
Required skills :
- Expected experience with hand paint;
- Significant interest for surfacing/shading/rendering;
- Maya, Substance Painter, Photoshop, UVs unfolding tools;
- Good experience with V-Ray;
- Solid creative skills and precise understanding of the different techniques to interpret designs and precise shaders’ correspondence;
- Good interpersonal skills: proactive, communicative, pedagogue;
- Rigor, capacity to solve problems, precision and details oriented;
- Interest for R&D;
- Interest in semi-realism style and interpreting 2D style in 3D.